It's in beta version. One can only see it if one, you'll follow the steps below and two, if the profile of the person you are viewing also followed the same procedure.
So if you want to activate this pretty nifty and somewhat Tumblr-inspired Facebook timeline, follow these steps:
- On Facebook, type the word developer on the Search field.
- Click Facebook Developers group page, or the first item from the search results.
- Like the Facebook Developers group page and click Allow if it's your first time to access the page. If you are already a member of this group, proceed to the next step.
- From the Facebook Developers page, click the Apps tab. The Apps > New App page appears.
- Click Create New App. This will only be a dummy app.
- Provide a Display Name and Name Space for your app.
- Click the I Agree checkbox and click Continue. The Apps > New App > Basic page appears.
- Click Open Graph.
- Provide an action to the People can field (for example, Like, Comment, etc) and random category in the field next to it (for example, movie, book, etc.).
- Click Get Started.
- Go back to your Facebook homescreen. An invite to try Timeline should be waiting at the top of the page.
Voila! New Facebook timeline activated!